dimanche 29 août 2010

Satisfaction

N'est-ce pas satisfaisant de boucler des ouvrages à temps pour la fin des vacances (pour ne pas dire la rentrée?) Ce matin j'ai mis la dernière main à deux réalisations qui vont s'en aller vivre leur vie chez leur destinataire.


The cropped pants are for my dear friend Cathy, copied from a pair we saw on the market together. She liked them, but was not willing to fork out 35 euros for them, so I offered to make her something similar. I found some black fabric in my ample stash, she did the fiddly little pleating at the bottom, and I did the rest. The eyelets for the drawstring are a little cockeyed, but I hope she doesn't notice.

Et bien sûr, il y a le fameux Rogue, fini, monté, bloqué, et débarrassé de ses petits fils qui dépassent. (Enfin, je sais que parfois il y en a qui apparaissent soudain après quelques jours de clandestinité, mais j'ai fait de mon mieux.) Alex a l'air content, alors que demande le peuple?

Et puis en cette fin d'août, celles que j'appelle les reines de l'incruste prennent leurs aises: ce sont les fleurs qui se ressèment un peu partout, sans qu'on leur ait rien demandé.
It started out as a single pot bought at a plant fair about twelve years ago, and now it has somehow managed to propel itself into most of the pots on the terrace and has made it to the flower beds around it. It is a sort of chive, which I bought as "Chinese chive", with flat leaves  and pretty white flowers that last for weeks.
The other one was here when we bought the house, in a kind of cement tub by the kitchen door. Now it is to be found everywhere there is room for it to grow, even though I pull out its tubers regularly. It doesn't seem to bear me any grudge for that.

Aucun commentaire: